- Venezuela convoy heads to Colombia border as Maduro threatens to close it February 21, 2019Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido left Caracas with some 80 lawmakers on Thursday on a 800-km (500-mile) trip to the Colombian border where they hope to receive food and medicine to alleviate shortages in defiance of President Nicolas Maduro.
- Eleven Venezuela diplomats in U.S. defect since last month: opposition February 21, 2019Eleven Venezuelan diplomats in the United States have defected from President Nicolas Maduro's government since opposition leader Juan Guaido declared himself interim president last month, a representative of the opposition said on Thursday.
- Putin to U.S.: I'm ready for another Cuban Missile-style crisis if you want one February 21, 2019President Vladimir Putin has said that Russia is militarily ready for a Cuban Missile-style crisis if the United States wanted one, and that his country currently has the edge when it comes to a first nuclear strike.
- Swedish student leader wins EU pledge to spend billions on climate February 21, 2019The European Union should spend hundreds of billions of euros combating climate change during the next decade, its chief executive said on Thursday, responding to a Swedish teen who has inspired a global movement of children against global warming.
- U.S. stocks fall on weak economic view; oil, gold fall February 21, 2019Wall Street stocks fell on Thursday due to a deteriorating economic outlook that was only partially offset by signs of trade progress between China and the United States, while gold and oil prices retreated from their recent peaks.
- Brexit defections reveal frayed fabric of UK politics February 21, 2019Brexit has torn the fabric of Britain's political system, say a group of 11 lawmakers behind a dramatic series of defections that have sent shockwaves through one of the world's oldest and most stable parliaments.
- Corbyn says PM May must seek customs union with EU to unlock Brexit February 21, 2019British opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn said on Thursday Prime Minister Theresa May must change her strategy and seek a close alliance with the European Union after Brexit to avert the dangerous prospect of an abrupt split.
- Exclusive: U.S., China sketch outlines of deal to end trade war - sources February 21, 2019The United States and China have started to outline commitments in principle on the stickiest issues in their trade dispute, marking the most significant progress yet toward ending a seven-month trade war, according to sources familiar with the negotiations.
- Victims testify at child sex abuse conference, Pope promises to fight ‘enemy within’ February 21, 2019Pope Francis promised that concrete action against child sexual abuse by priests would result from a conference he opened on Thursday, with one cardinal acknowledging that the Church had to fight "the enemy within".
- Nike stumbles into social media storm after basketball star's shoe splits February 21, 2019A Nike Inc sneaker worn by a college basketball superstar split in half less than a minute into a highly anticipated game between Duke University and North Carolina, prompting an outcry on social media as the company sought to figure out what caused the malfunction.
Richard Suder, CFA, CFP®As the founder of Auri Elan Financial Group, I am an experienced independent financial advisor and insurance agent specializing in providing comprehensive and objective investment consultation, financial and insurance planning to individual investors, companies, select group of affluent families and entrepreneurs. Please contact me for a complimentary Portfolio Review. You deserve nothing less than a CFP and a CFA Charterholder for your finance! Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial. A Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC.
MA Companieserror : cannot receive stock quote information