- Senate poised for crucial vote related to tax reform measure October 19, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump's drive to overhaul the U.S. tax code headed for a pivotal moment on Thursday, with Senate Republicans poised to approve a budget measure that would help them pass tax legislation without Democratic support.
- Special Report: Backroom battle imperils $230 million cryptocurrency venture October 18, 2017ZUG, Switzerland/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Just three months ago, a tech project called Tezos raised $232 million online in a wildly successful "initial coin offering," in which new digital currency is parcelled out to buyers. At the time, it was the most money ever raised from the public in the white-hot cryptocurrency sector.
- Taliban kill at least 43 Afghan troops as they storm base: officials October 19, 2017KABUL (Reuters) - The Afghan Taliban stormed a military base in the south of the country killing at least 43 troops on Thursday, the Defence Ministry said, with the militants putting the toll at at least 60.
- Spain to trigger suspension of Catalan autonomy on Saturday October 19, 2017MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's government will trigger on Saturday the Article 155 of the constitution, which allows to suspend Catalonia's political autonomy, the Prime Minister's Office said on Thursday.
- China suggests Xi's political ideology to be elevated in party constitution October 19, 2017BEIJING (Reuters) - Top Chinese officials have praised President Xi Jinping's political ideology unveiled at a key Communist Party Congress, an indication that he could cement his power with his new slogan being incorporated into the party's constitution.
- Iran's Guards say missile program will accelerate despite pressure: agency October 19, 2017ANKARA (Reuters) - Iran's elite Islamic Revolutionary Guards said on Thursday that the country's ballistic missile program would accelerate despite pressure from the United States and European Union to suspend it, the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.
- 'Nowhere to hide': North Korean missiles spur anxiety in Japan fishing town October 19, 2017ERIMO, Japan (Reuters) - Ever since North Korea lobbed two missiles far above this windswept fishing town on Japan's northern island of Hokkaido, seaweed farmer Mitsuyo Kawamura says she's been on edge.
- Thirty years ago this week, Wall Street slid into the abyss October 19, 2017NEW YORK (Reuters) - Thirty years ago, before heading to work at the New York Stock Exchange, Peter Kenny left his home in lower Manhattan and made a detour to the nearby Our Lady of Victory church to pray to St. Jude, the Roman Catholic patron saint of desperate and lost causes.
- Pakistani anti-corruption court indicts ousted PM Sharif and daughter October 19, 2017ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A Pakistani anti-corruption court on Thursday indicted ousted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter over allegations linked to ownership of London properties, pressing charges over accusations that could see the former leader jailed.
- New Zealand Labour to form next government with support of small nationalist party October 19, 2017WELLINGTON (Reuters) - New Zealand's Labour leader Jacinda Ardern will form the country's next government after gaining the support of a small nationalist party holding the balance of power following an inconclusive Sept. 23 election.
Richard Suder, CFA, CFP®As the founder of Auri Elan Financial Group, I am an experienced independent financial advisor and insurance agent specializing in providing comprehensive and objective investment consultation, financial and insurance planning to individual investors, companies, select group of affluent families and entrepreneurs. Please contact me for a complimentary Portfolio Review. You deserve nothing less than a CFP and a CFA Charterholder for your finance! Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial. A Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC.
INDU 0.00 +0.00 NASDAQ 6624.22 +0.56 S&P 500 2561.26 +1.90 BIIB 344.58 +0.11 BJ 0.00 +0.00 BSX 29.52 +0.12 GENZ 0.00 +0.00 GLP 17.80 -0.25 RTN 187.23 -1.42 SPLS 10.25 +0.01 STT 98.35 +1.20 TMO 189.22 +0.45 TJX 71.30 -0.50 1969-12-31 19:00