- 'A new history starts now' as North Korea's Kim meets South Korean leader April 27, 2018SEOUL (Reuters) - Smiling and holding hands, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in met at the heavily fortified demilitarized zone between the countries on Friday, pledging to pursue peace after decades of conflict.
- Bill Cosby, once beloved 'America's Dad,' convicted of sexual assault April 26, 2018(Language in fourth and 31st paragraphs may be offensive to some readers)
- Weak consumer spending seen restraining U.S. growth in first quarter April 27, 2018WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. economy likely slowed in the first quarter as growth in consumer spending braked sharply, but the setback is expected to be temporary against the backdrop of a tightening labor market and large fiscal stimulus.
- Trump distances himself from his personal lawyer as probe moves forward April 26, 2018NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump distanced himself from his longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen on Thursday, hours before a judge ruled that documents seized from Cohen by the FBI should be reviewed by an independent court-appointed official.
- Myanmar activists urge president to release jailed Reuters journalists April 26, 2018YANGON (Reuters) - Myanmar civil groups signed an open letter to the country's president on Thursday, urging him to immediately release two Reuters reporters accused of possessing secret government papers and police officers involved in what it called an "obviously an unreasonable case".
- Waffle House shooting shows pitfalls in patchwork of U.S. gun laws April 26, 2018(Reuters) - When Travis Reinking's semi-automatic rifle was confiscated after his attempt to enter the White House last year, he simply moved from Illinois to nearby Tennessee where signs of mental illness are no bar to gun ownership.
- Pompeo becomes U.S. secretary of state as North Korea, Middle East issues await April 26, 2018WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate confirmed Mike Pompeo as President Donald Trump's secretary of state on Thursday, and the former CIA director set off immediately on a trip to meet key allies in Europe and the Middle East.
- Exclusive: U.S. considers tightening grip on China ties to Corporate America April 27, 2018NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. government may start scrutinizing informal partnerships between American and Chinese companies in the field of artificial intelligence, threatening practices that have long been considered garden variety development work for technology companies, sources familiar with the discussions said.
- Amazon, NFL reach $130 million streaming deal for Thursday night games: source April 26, 2018(Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc agreed to pay the National Football League about $65 million per year to stream two more seasons of Thursday night games on its Prime Video service, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- NBC's Tom Brokaw denies allegation of sexual impropriety in 1990s: reports April 26, 2018(Reuters) - A woman who once worked as a war correspondent for NBC News has accused Tom Brokaw, the United States' top-rated television newsman for much of his career, of sexual impropriety in the 1990s, the Washington Post and Variety reported on Thursday.
Richard Suder, CFA, CFP®As the founder of Auri Elan Financial Group, I am an experienced independent financial advisor and insurance agent specializing in providing comprehensive and objective investment consultation, financial and insurance planning to individual investors, companies, select group of affluent families and entrepreneurs. Please contact me for a complimentary Portfolio Review. You deserve nothing less than a CFP and a CFA Charterholder for your finance! Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial. A Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC.
MA Companieserror : cannot receive stock quote information