- U.S. Cuba tour operators gird for Trump travel crackdown July 23, 2017HAVANA/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. tour operators that send Americans to Cuba are banding together to try to limit damage to business from tighter restrictions on travel to the communist-run island expected in September from the Trump administration.
- Supreme Court ruling leads to offensive trademark requests July 23, 2017NEW YORK (Reuters) - A small group of companies and individuals are looking to register racially charged words and symbols for their products, including the N-word and a swastika, based on a U.S. Supreme Court decision on trademarks last month.
- U.S. senators predict veto-proof support for Russia sanctions July 23, 2017WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two U.S. senators said on Sunday they believe that legislation that allows for new sanctions against Russia would pass with enough votes to override any potential veto by U.S. President Donald Trump.
- As U.S. weighs Afghan strategy, hopes set on fledgling Air Force July 23, 2017KABUL (Reuters) - As the U.S. administration prepares its new strategy for Afghanistan, the Kabul government and its Western allies are working hard to develop an air force that gives government forces the advantage in their war against Taliban militants.
- Eight found dead in Texas truck, human trafficking alleged July 23, 2017SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - Eight people were found dead on Sunday inside a sweltering tractor trailer parked at a Walmart store in San Antonio, Texas, and authorities said they were the victims of "ruthless" human traffickers.
- Britain needs transitional deal with EU, to end before next election: minister July 23, 2017LONDON (Reuters) - British trade minister Liam Fox said on Sunday that he backed a transition agreement to smooth Britain's departure from the European Union, but it would have to come to an end before the next election due in 2022.
- Syrian army, allies advance against Islamic State east of Raqqa July 23, 2017BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian government forces and their allies have recaptured territory from Islamic State in countryside southeast of its stronghold Raqqa after air strikes in the area, a pro-Damascus military media unit and war monitors reported.
- Germany must act now to stop re-run of refugee crisis, Merkel rival says July 23, 2017AACHEN, Germany (Reuters) - Germany needs to take action now to prevent a re-run of 2015, when some 890,000 migrants arrived in the country, Chancellor Angela Merkel's Social Democrat challenger for a September election told Reuters on Sunday.
- BMW rejects media reports of emissions manipulations July 23, 2017FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German carmaker BMW on Sunday rejected media reports that the emissions treatment systems in its vehicles do not work effectively and that it colluded with rivals on their design.
- Israel says Jerusalem mosque metal detectors to stay, may be reduced July 23, 2017JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel said on Sunday it would not remove metal detectors whose installation outside a major Jerusalem mosque has triggered the bloodiest clashes with the Palestinians in years, but could eventually reduce their use.
Richard Suder, CFA, CFP®As the founder of Auri Elan Financial Group, I am an experienced independent financial advisor and insurance agent specializing in providing comprehensive and objective investment consultation, financial and insurance planning to individual investors, companies, select group of affluent families and entrepreneurs. Please contact me for a complimentary Portfolio Review. You deserve nothing less than a CFP and a CFA Charterholder for your finance! Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial. A Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC.
INDU 0.00 +0.00 NASDAQ 6387.75 -2.25 S&P 500 2472.54 -0.91 BIIB 282.92 +1.48 BJ 0.00 +0.00 BSX 27.62 -0.11 GENZ 0.00 +0.00 GLP 17.70 -0.15 RTN 169.37 +0.59 SPLS 10.09 -0.01 STT 90.99 +0.12 TMO 182.18 +0.63 TJX 68.92 -0.68 1969-12-31 19:00