- More than half the state’s workforce now has a bachelor’s degree, study says August 23, 2017The study by the Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center shows that wages for those with college degrees has grown much faster that pay for those with only a high school degree or who never finished an undergraduate degree.
- Partners waiting on Care New England turnaround plan to decide on acquisition August 22, 2017Partners HealthCare is waiting on a turnaround plan from Care New England before deciding whether or not to pursue an acquisition.
- Massachusetts opioid deaths slow for first half of 2017 August 22, 2017The data, released by the state on Tuesday, showed that the total number of estimated and confirmed deaths in the first six months of 2017 was down 5 percent year-over-year.
- It's official: South Station now has a New York owner August 22, 2017One of the most recognizable and highly trafficked buildings in Boston has officially been sold.
- Arizona firm gobbles up Amazon-backed Dragon Innovation August 22, 2017Founded by a pair of iRobot executives back in 2009, Dragon Innovation has gone through a few phases. But its recent focus on infusing product-planning software with the teams manufacturing expertise caught the eye of several big companies.
- Boston loses out on chance to host Army-Navy football games August 22, 2017The Army-Navy college football games won't be coming to Boston anytime soon. The event organizers announced on Tuesday that the renowned games would return to Philadelphia in December this year, when the contract was set to expire. The game will now remain in Philadelphia for four of the next five games at the Lincoln Financial Field, announced Chet Gladchuk, director of athletics at the Naval Academy, and Boo Corrigan, director of athletics of West Point. In June, Massachusetts tourism officials…
- ViewPoint: Can corporate America afford to walk away from President Trump? August 22, 2017After campaigning as the candidate best able to work with business, President Donald Trump has shown he is anything but. A stream of resignations from high-level business counsels hit a crescendo recently when Trump was forced to disband two executive councils. The widespread and public defections were in protest over his unwillingness to unequivocally condemn racism and intolerance over the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. As an expert in organizational communication and leadership, I saw…
- Boston firm plans revival for Newbury Street residential property August 22, 2017The four-story property at 256-260 Newbury St. was built in 1882 and designed by G. Wilton Lewis.
- Viewpoint: Will CRISPR fears fade with familiarity? August 22, 2017The first “test-tube baby” made headlines around the world in 1978, setting off intense debate on the ethics of researching human embryos and reproductive technologies. Every breakthrough since then has raised the same questions about “ designer babies” and “ playing God” – but public response has grown more subdued rather than more engaged as assisted reproductive technologies have become increasingly sophisticated and powerful. As the science has advanced, doctors are able to perform…
- Chubby Chickpea founder felt driven to launch a mobile beer bar August 22, 2017Shemtov launched Tapped beer truck in April, which attends private events and pours beer at festivals.
Richard Suder, CFA, CFP®As the founder of Auri Elan Financial Group, I am an experienced independent financial advisor and insurance agent specializing in providing comprehensive and objective investment consultation, financial and insurance planning to individual investors, companies, select group of affluent families and entrepreneurs. Please contact me for a complimentary Portfolio Review. You deserve nothing less than a CFP and a CFA Charterholder for your finance! Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial. A Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC.
INDU 0.00 +0.00 NASDAQ 6297.48 +84.35 S&P 500 2452.51 +24.14 BIIB 286.72 +3.57 BJ 0.00 +0.00 BSX 27.21 +0.32 GENZ 0.00 +0.00 GLP 16.25 +0.20 RTN 179.22 +2.48 SPLS 10.20 +0.01 STT 93.64 +1.31 TMO 176.79 +2.78 TJX 71.60 +0.14 1969-12-31 19:00 August 2017 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31