- How Amazon HQ2 is shaking up site selection for good February 20, 2018A new report predicts that the way companies go about choosing relocation and expansion sites will forever be altered by how Amazon.com is conducting its search for a city to host its coveted second headquarters.
- Whole Foods shoppers can get 5 percent back with Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card February 20, 2018The rewards card deals are part of Amazon’s aggressive strategy to bring more customers into Whole Foods by integrating Prime benefits at the grocery store chain.
- Cambridge's Voyager, AbbVie to pursue Alzheimer's gene therapy under $69M deal February 20, 2018Voyager Therapeutics said Tuesday that it will work with AbbVie to develop gene therapy treatments for Alzheimer’s disease in a deal worth at least $69 million for the Cambridge biotech. The announcement by Voyager (Nasdaq: VYGR) and Chicago-based AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) comes as drug developers are exploring new approaches to Alzheimer’s following a string of recent clinical setbacks. Gene therapies — drugs that work by inserting healthy genes into a person’s cells to replace faulty or missing…
- Shaw's, Star Market parent Albertsons is buying the remaining Rite Aid stores February 20, 2018Albertsons Cos. and Rite Aid Corp. announced Tuesday plans to merge, forming a single retail giant with $83 billion in annual revenue. The combined company will have 4,900 locations, 4,350 pharmacy counters and 320 clinics across 38 states and Washington, D.C. Under the deal, most Albertsons pharmacies will be rebranded as Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD), while the company continues to operate Rite Aid stand-alone locations. The company will be dual headquartered in Camp Hill, Pa. (home of Rite Aid) and Boise,…
- Acton-based Affirmed Networks is already testing 5G tech February 20, 2018Telecom giants like Verizon and AT&T are racing to rollout the next generation of mobile networking, and Affirmed Networks wants to help them power it.
- 'Organs-on-chips’ startup Emulate to partner with Roche, Takeda February 20, 2018The Boston-based company says the chips — miniaturized versions of human organs that are roughly the size of a USB flash drive — can simulate how a drug will work in the human body.
- Five things you need to know today, and the most thankless song ever February 20, 2018Good morning, Boston! Here are the five most important things you need to know to help start your busy business day: Record ‘Black Panther’ debut — a Hollywood game changer Walt Disney’s “Black Panther” crushed Presidents’ Day weekend records with its $235 million debut — a result that some suggest will force Hollywood to reassess the work it gives black actors and filmmakers. Capuano, Pressley weigh in on Wynn, Everett casino Congressman Michael Capuano and the challenger…
- Mr. 'Behind-the-Scenes', Jeremy Jacobs lets others take spotlight February 20, 2018Delaware North chairman, one of the most respected leaders in Buffalo and beyond, tops the Power 250 list for 2018.
- GE sells off part of one of its oldest businesses: Lighting February 19, 2018Boston-based General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) is selling parts of its international lighting business to a company controlled by a former GE Lighting executive. The executive, Joerg Bauer, most recently was president of GE Hungary where GE Lighting’s Europe, Middle East, Africa and Turkey business is headquartered, according to Reuters. This is the first step in GE's plan to divest the conglomerate of its lighting business. Terms of the sale were not disclosed. The remaining pieces of GE Lighting,…
- Capuano, Pressley weigh in on Wynn, Everett casino February 19, 2018On the banks of the Mystic River, workers have been building a structure envisioned by Steve Wynn, the casino magnate who recently relinquished control of his global resort empire after the Wall Street Journal reported he pressured employees into sex.
Richard Suder, CFA, CFP®As the founder of Auri Elan Financial Group, I am an experienced independent financial advisor and insurance agent specializing in providing comprehensive and objective investment consultation, financial and insurance planning to individual investors, companies, select group of affluent families and entrepreneurs. Please contact me for a complimentary Portfolio Review. You deserve nothing less than a CFP and a CFA Charterholder for your finance! Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial. A Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC.
MA Companieserror : cannot receive stock quote information
February 2018 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28